Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Freedom

I've now been asked for my phone number by two guys since getting involved with BSF. It's kind of exciting. Now, the only problem is whether or not they'll actually call me. The first hasn't so far, but we'll see what happens. The other suggested we should go get coffee sometime. I'm hoping he calls, but trying not be overly hopeful at the same time.

Part of the reason this is so exciting is, of course, because it's something of a boost for my self-esteem. Secondly, I'm actually excited about the prospect of getting to know other guys. The freedom has come in being able to get excited, even anticipatory, of new men being a part of my life, of being able to like someone else. Things are moving forward, and I'm moving on. Some things are still hard at times, but I've realized that I need to start spending time with other people. Otherwise, my heart can't heal, and I won't be able to have a normal relationship with someone who wants to be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment