Friday, February 15, 2008

Hope

"If it were not for hope, the heart would break." ~ Thomas Fuller

Waiting for You ~Matthew West

The sun waits to set,
in case the moon should forget
that it's her turn to shine
And springtime waits to bloom
til old man winter's through being so unkind.
And I've watched my share of seasons come and go,
just praying for this chance to let you know:

I've been waiting for you for all this time--
And hoping you'd wait for me.
And the lesson I've learned is love always returns when it's true.
And I'm so glad I waited for you.

They say good things come to those who wait,
you're my living proof the way you came to me.
You offered me your heart and soul
took this half and made me whole
and finally I know the reason why

I've been waiting for you for all this time--
I've been hoping you'd wait for me.
And the lesson I've learned is love always returns when it's true.
And I'm so glad I've waited for you.

So let's share this life together
falling deeper everyday
till we're standing up in heaven and we hear the good Lord say:

I've been waiting for you for all this time--
I've been hoping you'd wait for me.
And the lesson I've learned is love always returns when it's true.
And I'm so glad I've waited for you.

For all this timeI've been hoping you'd wait for me.
And the lesson I've learned is love always returns when it's true.
And I'm so glad I've waited for you.

The following is the story that this song is based upon. You can find it, and the song, at http://www.klove.com/.

"My husband (Daniel) and I were neighbors growing up. We were the three musketeers, Michael (my brother), Daniel and me!

Daniel was in love with me from the start! His mother remembers him coming home from Elementary School (2nd grade) and telling her he was going to marry me! I wasn't attracted to him in that way. He was my best friend!! He was always there for me through everything! Even through the hurt of seeing me with other boyfriends or seeing my heartache after breakups, he never once made me feel bad about not choosing him or telling me I wouldn't be hurting if I were with him! He gave me space as he patiently waited for me!!

Finally after being patient for many years, we started dating in High School! He gave me a ring and proposed to me when he was 17! We had never been with anyone and promised to save ourselves for each other!! We went through Elementary, Junior High, High School and College together.

After we graduated from college, we married! We have been married for almost 6 years and we have a son who will be 2 in March! My husband is still there for me through everything and is a wonderful father! He works hard to make sure that me and our son are safe and secure!

God has been good to us!!! How wonderful it is to share your past, present and future with your best friend!!!

God bless,
Laura"

This story, along with the quote, enables me to hang on to a small thread of hope for my future. Either way, I've learned that not only is hope a good thing, but friendship isn't without it's benefits and charms. As a good friend reminded me today, I can't limit God.

No comments:

Post a Comment