Saturday, February 2, 2008

Time

It takes time to move past feelings for someone, especially when you've been harboring said feelings for well over a year. It does no good to shove 'em down deep, hoping they'll go away. Because, in the end, they just come exploding back out again, and always when you don't want them to. So, the best thing may be to actually feel them, and try to throw them away once you've acknowledged their existence. For example, while I realize he's not the man I really want, not the one who meets all that I've set out as significant qualities in a future husband, that doesn't mean I miss him any less, or love him any less. I recognize that I miss him. So, how do I handle that, and move forward? Enjoy the company I'm with, for one. Continue to have a good time, and don't dwell on him. Now, how does one handle a situation where, nearly all the things you do remind you of something about him? Whether it's something he likes, or doesn't like, something he's passionate about or abhors, it all reminds you of him. That I have yet to figure out. All of this, of course, is easier said than done. As with all aspects of life that are difficult or challenging. It's easy enough to tell someone else, "Buck up and move on." But when you have to tell yourself, well, for whatever reason, it's not so easy. Keep praying, and keep your eyes on Jesus. That's my only answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment